The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain advice regarding any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Vanden Heuvel & Dineen, S.C. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Ozaukee County

Alcohol & Other Drug Abuse (AODA) Treatment Information: 

If you are convicted of a drunk driving offense you will be statutorily required to undergo and comply with the findings of an Alcohol & Other Drug Abuse assessment. Ozaukee County's AODA assessment provider is Ozaukee County Health & Human Services Department. Contact information for Ozaukee County Health & Human Services Department is provided below. In addition, the please click the following link to access Ozaukee County AODA Assessment Information

Designated Coordinator:

Leah Bruce

Ozaukee County Department of Human Services

121 West Main Street

Port Washington, WI 53074-0994


Fax: 262-284-8104


Assessment Facility Contact:

Vicki Kaas

Ozaukee County Department of Human Services

121 West Main Street

Port Washington, WI 53074-0994


Fax: 262-284-8104


Assessment Charge:

$255.00 Paid by credit Card

$125.00 No Show Fee

$125.00 Reassessment Fee

$75.00 Amended Assessment Fee

$75.00 Transfer or Reassessment Fee

Huber & Work Release Rules & Information: 

A drunk driving or criminal defense attorney's work does not stop at sentencing. Atty. Skarie will assist you with preparing for an navigating the intricacies of Ozaukee County's Huber (work release) and Electronic Monitoring programs.

  • Huber Release Hours: ​

  • Prior to reporting, you will need a letter from your employer on company letterhead confirming your employment, name of a contact person and phone number and the hours of work including days off.   

  • If you are employed for wages or salary or receives unemployment insurance or employment training benefits, the Sheriff Office's will require you to turn over the wages, salary or benefits in full when received.

  • Advance Huber Board funds will be required on arrival and prior to going out to work. The daily charge for participating in the Huber program is $25.00 per day. To avoid loss of work, it is required that a minimum of $175.00 be applied to Huber board on arrival to serve a sentence of 7 days or more

  • The following initial fees must be paid in addition to the daily Huber Fee:Combination lock: $6, Initial drug screen test: $4. ​If you wish to order through the commissary, additional funds should be deposited in your account

  • You may be allowed out to work up to 12 hours per day, which includes travel time, and up to 6 days per week, depending on your work schedule. 1 day per week must be spent in the jail. If you drive yourself, be prepared to show proof of registration, current insurance coverage and a valid driver’s license on request. Jail Division will also need the make, model and license number of the vehicle you will be using. Other transportation will be reviewed by the processing jailer. 

  • Transfers: Evaluated on a case by case basis; mostly dependent on the approval of the receiving county.

  • Electronic Monitoring: Ozaukee County does not have an electronic monitoring program. 

Ozaukee County OWI Sentencing Guidelines: 

Counties in Wisconsin are divided into judicial districts. Ozaukee County belongs to the 3rd Judicial District. Each district maintains OWI Sentencing Guidelines. Sentencing arguments in drunk driving cases are made with consideration to the district's sentencing guidelines. Please click the PDF link to view the 3rd Judicial District Sentencing Guidelines

Additional Information

For additional information regarding Ozaukee County, please contact Atty. Skarie. 


The information provided solely for general informational purposes, is subject to change, and may not be up to date. Please contact Atty. Skarie or the appropriate agency to confirm the accuracy of the information provided.