The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain advice regarding any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Vanden Heuvel & Dineen, S.C. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Waupaca County

Alcohol & Other Drug Abuse (AODA) Treatment Information: 

If you are convicted of a drunk driving offense you will be statutorily required to undergo and comply with the findings of an Alcohol & Other Drug Abuse assessment. Waupaca County's AODA assessment provider is Waupaca County Health and Human Services Behavioral Health Department. Contact information for Waupaca County Health and Human Services is provided below. 

Designated Coordinator & Contact Information

Sherrie Nichols, Manager

Waupaca County Health and Human Services

811 Harding St.

Waupaca, WI 54981


Fax: 715-258-6409

Walk-ins are accepted 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Monday, Thursday & Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday & Wednesday.​

Bring your arrest report to your appointment. 

Assessment Charge:

$250.00 Assessment Fee

 You may make a down payment of $100 with the remaining $150 paid in full prior to meeting with the OWI Assessor. Payment must be made with cash or money order made out to WCDHHS. Waupaca County does not accept personal checks and they are not equipped to process debt or credit cards.

Huber & Electronic Monitoring Rules & Information: 

A drunk driving or criminal defense attorney's work does not stop at sentencing. Atty. Skarie will assist you with preparing for and navigating the intricacies of Waupaca County's Huber (work release) and Electronic Monitoring programs.

  • Starting a Sentence: A sentence start date must be established with a Corrections Sergeant. This can be done Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the front lobby of the Waupaca County Law Enforcement Center.

  • Fees: All individuals booked into the Waupaca County Jail are required, per County Ordinance 6.0, to pay a $25.00 booking fee. If starting a sentence exercising Huber Law privileges, the weekly fee of $140.00 must be paid before any work release is granted.

  • Huber: No exceptions to the (12) twelve hours per day unless via judicial authorization, and that includes travel time.  Regardless of what the inmates schedule is prior, they must have it modified by their employer. One week prior to starting a sentence, a work schedule, along with drivers information (valid drivers license, proof of registration, and proof of insurance) must be submitted for verification prior to starting a sentence. This is necessary in order to ensure your work release. Huber inmates are allowed to bring three sets of clothing, a jacket, and one pair of shoes. No other items will be allowed into the facility.

  • Transfers: Inmate must work in Waupaca or adjacent county (Portage, Outagamie, Shawano) and work at least 32 hours per week.  An individual analysis of each subject is performed. OWI offenders will have to sit 2 days in county sentenced in, then that facility will submit transfer request.

  • Electronic Monitoring: All inmates granted Huber privileges will go out on electronic monitoring. No specific turnaround time for release. The process proceeds faster if fees are paid in advance. The cost is $185 per week.     

Waupaca County OWI Sentencing Guidelines: 

Counties in Wisconsin are divided into judicial districts. Waukesha County belongs to the 8th Judicial District. Each district maintains OWI Sentencing Guidelines. Sentencing arguments in drunk driving cases are made with consideration to the district's sentencing guidelines. Please click the PDF link to view the 8th Judicial District Sentencing Guidelines

Additional Information

For additional information regarding Waupaca County, please contact Atty. Skarie. 


The information provided solely for general informational purposes, is subject to change, and may not be up to date. Please contact Atty. Skarie or the appropriate agency to confirm the accuracy of the information provided.